Transfer Station Recycling Information
- Swap Shed operations are overseen by the Transfer Station Attendant. All items donated to the Swap Shed must first be inspected and accepted by the Attendant.
See this list
for guidance on what can be accepted.
- Items not accepted may be “advertised” on the bulletin board in the Swap Shed.
- Please take items from the Swap Shed if you think you have a use for them. After all, that is the purpose of the Swap Shed! The items are free, but we’d appreciate it if you would tell the Attendant when you take something. It will help us to refine the list of acceptable items.
- Larger items left in the Swap Shed will be tagged with numbers so the Attendant will know who donated them. We reserve the right to ask the donor to pay for disposal.
- The Swap Shed is open whenever the Transfer Station is open.
- If you are a really pleased donor or “customer”, feel free to leave a donation in the box in the Shed. Donations will be used to support and improve the operation of the Swap Shed.
(Containers with necks, such as Water bottles, cider jugs and milk jugs. Please remove all caps.)
(You do not have to crush cans or remove labels – just wash them, please)
(Washed cat food cans and aluminum pie plates, but no foil.)
(Clear, blue, brown, or green glass, ceramics, china and porcelain, broken or whole. You can leave labels on, but please remove caps.)
(Newspaper, white paper, envelopes, magazines and single-ply cardboard such as cereal boxes and egg cartons, but not milk cartons. Please bag shredded paper)
(Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd), Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH), Lithium Ion (Li-ion), Nickel Zinc (Ni-Zn), Small Sealed Lead (Pb) up to 11 lbs or 5 kg per battery)
CURRENTLY, WE CANNOT RECYCLE MOTOR OIL. The commercial firm that picks up our oil has detected trace amounts of PCBs in the oil and won’t accept it. Until we resolve this problem, motor oil collection is suspended.
(HAZARDOUS WASTE IS ONLY ACCEPTED ON HAZARDOUS WASTE DAYS) Click here to see if there are any Hazardous Waste Days on the schedule.