AARP FREE Taxaide Service
Posted: January 10, 2023
Modified for Covid Epidemic. Each year at income tax time AARP offers free tax preparation. Although special emphasis is on low and middle incomes and older taxpayers, there are no income level or age limits. There are however some limits on complexity.
Only Bennington county site for the service:
Sacred Heart St. Francis church hall, 238 Main St., Bennington
February 1 - April 14 2023
By appointment only: Phone 802-447-1546
Prior to appointment time, pick up intake application form and instruction sheet at church parish hall entryway between the glass doors. You can fill out intake application form prior to appointment time in the large parish hall.
Bring intake form together with all required documents – see list below – to intake table. Hand them to the preparers at time of appointment. You can wait in the large parish hall.. When returns are completed, we will let you know so we can have you sign and give you your copies.
The following personal documents are required:
For information other than appointments, phone 802-442-9504
- Photo ID
- Copies of last year’s federal and state returns
- Social Security cards for yourself, spouse and all dependents
- Income statements - W-2 from each employer, social security SSA-1099, all other 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, 1099-MISC, 1099-R, etc.
- Unemployment compensation statements
- Dependent day care information – provider name, address, SS or EIN number,
- Dollar amounts of itemized deductions – health care costs, state and local taxes, mortgage interest, charitable donations.
- Voided personal check showing routing and account numbers for direct
debit or deposit or documentation of savings account numbers
- 2022 local property tax bill. If renting find out SPAN from landlord.
- Health care document: 1095-A
- Names, social security numbers and dollar amounts of income of all wage earners living in your home.
- All IRS letters (if any received in 2022)
Posted/Author: Marlene Hall, Town Clerk